Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Introducing...

Hello,

By way of introduction, my name is Jason Clements and I am your 2008 Geeks on Ice Tournament Chair. Since 1999, I have been employed with the Public Service filling many roles within an information technology capacity. I currently serve as an IM/IT Systems Analyst responsible for providing technical documentation on various in-house applications.

I have played in the Geeks on Ice tournament since 2005 as a member of the Service Canada team. I look forward every year for the opportunity to network with my peers in the community, have fun playing hockey and raising awareness of the negative impact that the absence of technology has on the non-profit sector.

For 2 years, I have served in a leadership role with the Public Service to run a charitable campaign which raises funds for the United Way and other charitable organizations. However, it is my passion for hockey, community and information technology that has led to my decision to serve the Geeks on Ice cause.

Trevor’s vision for the tournament and the investments made over the last couple of years has motivated me to participate in a deeper capacity than just a player. I look forward to working on the challenges and opportunities ahead in relation to our plan for global expansion, tournament competitiveness, creating a family focused atmosphere, and celebrating the technology sector.

I am excited to work with the tournament committee, who are a great group of individuals. For five years, past committee members have made this tournament a great event for every stakeholder and I am delighted that most of our past members are on board again this year allowing us to build on our past successes.

Geeks on Ice has built a great forum for people and organizations who share a passion for information technology and hockey to network and collaborate in “eliminating the digital divide”. If you have not already, we encourage you to reach us at geeksonice@gmail.com to register a team, as a free agent or sponsor the event. I look forward to meeting all of you from April 17-20 at the Geeks on Ice tournament!

Sincerely,

Jason Clements
2008 Tournament Chair
Geeks on Ice
www.GeeksonIce.com


geeksonice@gmail.com

No comments: