Monday, December 10, 2007

How to make a Geek blush...

Anyone who has ever worked with me knows that I have no problem with a microphone or a crowd. In fact, I enjoy public speaking unlike most people who turn to stone at the thought of getting in front of a crowd. But I do have a weakness… My uncomfortable spot is when people give me recognition. In fact, It makes me blush even if I do appreciate the gesture.

So to my astonishment this morning, I found myself blushing in private as I read on Canadaeast.com that someone had nominated me as a United Way Community Hero for my work with Geeks on Ice. While I do want to emphasize that a Captain is only as good as his team I want to thank the person(s) whom took the time to nominate me.

At this time I also want to thank everyone that has helped Geeks on Ice become a pillar of the community over the last 5 years.

Article: http://timestranscript.canadaeast.com/news/article/151761

Trevor MacAusland

Geeks on Ice Founder

No comments: